With more than 1,500 members around the world, AAJA is a community of journalists, academics, entrepreneurs and students who are committed to advancing diversity in the news industry. An annual membership includes:
- Membership rate tickets and early access to AAJA networking events and workshops
- Membership rate registration to AAJA’s national convention and N3Con in Asia
- Access to career and fellowship opportunities via AAJA’s Career Center, private social media channels, your Chapter, and Affinity Groups
- Access to our upcoming member opportunities page with a listing of training opportunities, fellowships, grants and more
- Early access to AAJA updates, scholarships and exclusive member opportunities via bi-monthly e-newsletter
- Entry fee waiver for AAJA’s national journalism awards contest
- Recognition on AAJA.org of special achievements or career moves
Significant discounts on AP online stylebook, Poynter on-site courses, CUNY J+ workshops and courses and other services (for more information and access to these benefits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
There are additional benefits for members who upgrade to Gold or Platinum membership. AAJA membership lasts for one year after your join date.
To request a reduced member fees ($35) application (for recently unemployed members or those undergoing financial hardship), please email email@example.com.